Sweet Potato Patties
Recipe Type: Sweet, Dessert
These sweet potato patties are specially made during the festival of Lights to be shared with family, friends ands neighbours in Mauritius..
- Sweet Potatoes
- Grated Coconut
- Mix the grated coconut and sugar
- Rub some oil over the sweet potatoes and roast in the oven or boiled them in a pot
- When is ready, remove the skin and mash in a big mixing bowl.
- Add sugar to the mashed sweet potatoes and mix well.
- Then add flour gradually to the mash to make a dough. It shouldn’t be too sticky.
- Make small dough balls and roll them flat. Put the filling in the middle of the roll and fold into semicircular shapes and seal edges with the back of a fork.
- Deep fry until lovely golden colour and serve hot or cold.
- My husband eats them hot because he usually can’t wait until its cool.