How often do you eat meat? Would you consider swapping to some nutritious Plant-based Protein? Protein such as beans, mushrooms, peas or tofu or in this instant can come handy if we want to replace our meat heavy diet.
Tofu, however, can be bland so if try to cook it with warming spices that also brings colour and heat. Here I am using turmeric, curry powder and chilli. Here is another Tofu recipe I published a few years ago. I also made a tandoori flavoured tofu.
- 250g Silken Tofu
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- 6 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 large white onion
- 1 tea spoon of ginger paste
- 1 tea spoon of garlic paste
- 1 tea spoon of turmeric powder
- 1 table spoon of curry powder
- Pinch of hot chilli flakes
- Salt to taste
- Chop the onion roughly and fry then in some coconut oil until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the silken tofu, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, curry powder, chilli flakes and season.
- Stir to mix and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Keep stirring to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Turn off the heat and add any fresh herbs you have in hand.
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread or rice.