Wasn’t the weather cloudy and sticky today? The kind of weather that makes you think of Santorini? Santorini!! I haven’t even been there, but I am wishing to go soon. I dream of staying in those low lying cubicle houses made of stone and whitewashed or limewashed with various volcanic ashes as colours. Drink wine with my husband and cook with their unique and rewarded produce. Actually their Cherry tomatoes are renowned of their taste and sweetness and intensely red. A special request was made by husband today to make a tomato based pasta dish with some salad, though I didn’t want to over-do it with the tomatoes. I wanted it light, fresh and vegan so I just added a few fresh cherry tomatoes, shallots and garlic with a squeeze of lemon.The sweetness of the cherry tomatoes just makes it that special.
When you make this pasta at home think about me and my dream. A beautiful dream that has yet to come true. For now though I am happy to eat my oh vegan pasta while my husband grills some sausages to eat with. But I don’t need no sausage. A fresh salad was just enough to make a complete meal for me. I can’t say enough about the simplicity of this dish. I would advice you to get a good quality pasta. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did
- 3 table spoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 shallots chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt to taste
- a generous seasoning of
- ground pepper
- Pasta – follow instructions on the packaging
- Fresh parsley chopped
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Heat a saucepan, add the chopped shallots.
- Add olive oil. Fry the shallots until it’s translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook till tomatoes has started to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve on top of boiled pasta.