Rosemary one of my favourite herbs that are so versatile. From sweet desserts to warming soups, rosemary can even be added to cold water for a fresh drink or infused with warm water as a relaxing drink before bed. Rosemary also has so many health benefits, especially for women’s hormone health.
I have a beautiful little Rosemary plant in my garden that melts my heart when I see it. For some reason, it hasn’t bloomed into a huge dry tree even in the winter season at all. It stayed small and vibrant green.
My herb plants are like my babies. I wish I wasn’t as busy the last couple of months and could care more for them.
Anyway, today’s recipe is a rosemary roasted carrots that are super easy and with no fuss at all. You can add some maple syrup or honey to bring some sweetness too but I liked it without. I also grated some garlic and ginger to bring the savoury flavours.
This Rosemary roasted Carrot is seriously one to make this Christmas.
You want to choose smaller carrots if roasting them whole or just slice them the shape that your guests or kids prefer and follow the methods below. If slicing the carrots then you will have to keep an eye on the time. I think about 30 minutes should be ok.
- 2 kgs of fresh carrots
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- thump size ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- about 1 table spoon of melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven at 200 C.
- Wash the carrots and put them in a baking dish.
- Grate the garlic and ginger then add it together with all the other ingredients to the carrots and mix.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes. The time will depend on the size of the carrots.
The roasting time is a guideline. Please adjust depending on the size of the carrots.