Rich and Creamy Lentil Soup
Lentil soup goes well with rice, Parata, bread or just a piece of meat or fish. I can have a big bowl of its own as my dinner. I know different people make it differently but here is my version of a lentil soup.
- 1 cup of lentil Pre soaked
- 1 tea spoon of coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed or half a tea spoon of garlic paste
- 1/2 a tea spoon of ginger paste
- sprigs of thyme
- 1 dry chili
- Salt to taste
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- Coriander as garnish
- Heat some oil in a pot .
- Add in the onions and chilies if using and cook for few minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook for about 5 minutes then add the lentils. Season and give it a good stir. Now add the ginger and garlic paste.
- Add about 3 cups of water . Add in the thyme and cook until the lentils are soft and you are happy with the consistency.
- Squeezing a drop of lemon juice before serving brings freshness and cut the richness in lentils.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander.