Are you looking for some easy meal recipes to make during the week? It can be hard when planning meals for kids and grown ups. There is a lot to consider, isn’t it? I feel the same, especially when I am in my working mode.
Last week has been particularly busy for me with assignments and feeling a little under the weather. However eating well and nutritiously is more important when now feeling well.
One of my quick fixes last week was This One-pot sticky rice with Sundried tomatoes and fresh Dill. It is aromatic, colourful and nutritious.
I shared the recipe with the group of ladies in my cooking demo last week, and one mammy of 4 proudly made it and substituted the asparagus for some green beans as her kids would prefer green beans to asparagus. How clever! Let us know if you try it.
Using an Instant Pot with this recipe makes it a quicker and easier meal.
- 2 cups of Brown Basmati Rice
- 5 cups of water or stock
- 1 table spoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 table spoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 table spoon of turmeric powder
- Bunch of Asparagus
- 12-15 slices of sun dried tomatoes
- 100g fresh Dill
- Wash the rice thoroughly and put it to cook with the 8 cups of water.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, coconut oil and the turmeric. Season to taste. Stir and let it cook for about 15 minutes or till rice is almost done.
- Meanwhile clean the asparagus and chop them about 1 inch long.
- Slice the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- When rice is almost cooked then add the tomatoes and asparagus. Let the rice simmer until it's well cooked.
- When you are satisfied with the doneness of the rice, take it off the hob and add the chopped dill.
- Stir and serve immediately!
- Leftover rice can be kept in the fridge.