GOING BACK TO BASICS
This week I had the highest interaction on my Instagram stories as I shared how to go back to basics when it comes to healthy eating.
I talked about how healthy eating can be simple. It often times is so so simple that it can be hard to believe that it works.
My few key points that are more sustainable and achievable is to simplify the ‘healthy eating process” in your mind.
10 TIPS TO SIMPLIFY
- Eat the food that your ancestors ate
- Cook from scratch
- Know that you know how to eat.
- Avoid buying foreign produce that isn’t grown locally
- Eat seasonally
- Buy local produce
- Half your plate should include vegetables
- Quarter of your plate should contain protein (meat, fish, poultry, beans)
- The other should be of carbohydrates (brown rice, sweet potatoes)
- Keep at it, perseverance is victory if you know what you are doing is the right thing!
LET’S BE SOCIAL
If you want more recipe videos and tips, follow me on Instagram here
I have three new and super simple recipes on the website that you also want to check.
Often time Blood Sugar Imbalances can be the trigger for most common health concerns. Check out my new blog post here:
Blood Sugar Regulation. You want to read it if you often complain about lethargy, or need that afternoon coffee.
Now I would like to hear your thoughts and what is the one thing you can do today that will simplify healthy eating for you today?