It’s great to see that sweet potatoes are available in the shops nationwide. Sweet Potatoes are such a versatile and nutritious food. It can be prepared in so many different ways. From dessert to snacks, french fries to soups.
These sweet potato latkes are my perfect tea time treat. Perhaps, because It can be ready in thirty minutes. However, it is a tasty delight altogether. My little ones prefer them with Glenisk Greek Style Yogurt.
It can also be a snack or lunch for the kids.
If you love sweet potatoes like me, click here now. You’ll find several of my favorite recipes. Easy to make family meals.
Try it and let me know what you think about it in the comment below.
Sweet Potato Latkes
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
2 medium green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 egg, slightly beaten
- Heat oven to 180C
- Generously grease the baking sheet.
- Add the shredded sweet potatoes, spring onion, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Pour the beaten egg and combine all the ingredients.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the mixture onto the baking sheet. Flatten gently.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once in between, until golden brown.
- Serve with some Glenisk Greek yogurt