Sweet Fried Vermicelli cooked in Milk and ALMONDS
250g Fried Vermicelli
2 tbsp of Butter ( I used normal butter but you can use clarified butter)
24 whole almonds
4 green cardamon Pods
2 tbsp sultanas
4 tbsp Sugar
A pint of milk (Add more if you find it dry or for more of a liquidy texture)
- Crush the almonds and the cardamon roughly.
- Heat a pan. Throw in the butter.
- Add the crushed almond and cardamon into the butter.
- Add the fried vermicelli.
- Add sugar and stir all gently.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of the vermicelli mixture and put aside in a separate bowl to use for garnish just before serving.
- Add about a pint of milk and simmer and keep stirring until the milk almost dries up.
- Serve topped with the dry vermicelli to get a crunchy texture.