Ok this is the simplest and tastiest healthy meal you can make in under an hour. It had to be, at 5 o’clock I hadn’t got a clue what I was going to make and we were all sitting down to dinner before 6. I even had time to take my photos first. I wanted to make something low carb for Thomas and I but I made some penne for the kids. Thomas came home just as I started taking my photos in the kitchen and he was well impressed with me and my little photo shoot that I had going on. Whatever about my ability to use my new fancy camera (judge for yourself) I do look quite the professional with it hanging around my neck.
We had been having a bit of a tiff, about what I’m not entirely certain but there was a lot of not talking to each other for a couple of days. What ever it was we were fighting about was forgotten, I must have made quite an impression with my photography set up and the fancy plate of food I had made for him. He walked in the door, stopped and smiled and said ‘look at you’ and love was in the air. Oh how we women like to be admired. A simple loving gesture of admiration and my heart melted. My anger at him disappeared. If I was a cynical person I might ask why he didn’t just do it a couple of days earlier but I’m not, and I won’t 😉 After dinner I went for a shower and he cleaned the kitchen and got the kids to bed. We had a nice evening, he brought me a drink, we watched a movie and had some lovely ‘husband and wife time’ (cough cough).
Anyway, back to the food. Read the method and see how simple and easy this meal is to make. I can’t guarantee a romantic evening with your husband but try it and see. If it doesn’t work try it again with a camera around your neck, I’m not sure if that was an essential ingredient.
Actually, it may have just been the fact that the food was the colour of the Irish Tri-Colour flag. If you’re reading from Ireland you already know but Ireland won the 6 Nations rugby championship this weekend (and thankfully Thomas has finally put his green jersey in the wash) so the Irish flag on his plate impressed him. Honestly he’s not 5 years old.
Red pepper and Tomato Sauce
2 tbsp of olive oil
4 fresh ripe tomatoes roughly chopped
1 red pepper roughly chopped
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 an onion chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp of paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. When hot, fry the garlic and onions for a few mins.
- Add the chopped peppers and tomatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper and some paprika and continue to fry for a few more minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a blender and whizz until smooth.
- Frozen White Fish Fillets (I used Alaska Pollock)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put Fish on a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover loosely.
- Steam for 3 minutes in the microwave. Serve hot
- 1 small butternut squash,
- Peel the butternut Squash and Inspiralize using a Blade B
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the squash noodles.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt,pepper and a generous pouring of honey and roast for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed kale and crumbled goat cheese if not using the fish.