FRIENDS WHO CAN TELL YOU THINGS ON YOUR FACE!!
I agree with Frank Crane on this one ”what is a friend? I will say; it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself’.
FRIENDS WHO CHANGE MY LIFE!!
Poached Egg Rougaille
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chili (optional)
- Fresh Thyme (optional)
- 6 fresh ripe tomatoes or 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cups of fresh spinach or kale
- salt to taste
- Pinch of white pepper
- Freshly chopped Parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add the chopped onions, green chili and thyme.
- Fry till onions are translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste and spinach and season with salt.
- Simmer till tomatoes are well cooked and reduced. About 5-10 minutes.
- Use the back of your spatula to crush the tomatoes if using fresh ones.
- Push the tomatoes to sort of to make 4 little holes to hold the eggs in when you break the eggs. Gently break the eggs in the whole. Season the eggs with salt and white pepper
- Cover with a tight lid and cook on low heat for another 5-7 minutes or till the eggs are poached to desire.
- Take off the heat and garnish with more thyme and parsley.
- Eat with bread or brown rice.