Pan-Fried Chicken with Mustard and Turmeric
This finger licking Chicken Breast In a Mustardy Turmeric flavour is one recipe I am so proud of creating. It happened when I bought some extra chicken breast that was on offer in the shop, and we were eating chicken more than we usually do in the same week. The thing is, I do love chicken, but I just can’t eat the same thing over and over EXCEPT if its Briyani which I’ll eat three times a day no problem!
As you figured, I can be quite artistic when it comes to my dinners. No matter what day of the week, food is served with love and creativity in my house (when it’s me cooking of course). So, that day I was in a hurry to make dinner, I know the chicken needed to be used, but I was hesitant. I had to glam this chicken breast. Few minutes staring at my spice shelf and it I got it.
In about 30 minutes I had my dinner ready. The influence of the weather again, I am craving for fresh, juicy salads. Less cooking more flavour. Have you started on salads yet?
Is the whole grain mustard and the turmeric. My whole grain mustard was in the fridge for over a year. My husband bought it 2 Christmas ago but we never opened it. (I can’t tell if it was expired). Anyway, because when it comes to mustard, we think yellow but because it’s whole grain we don’t get that vibrant yellow unless we add turmeric to it.
Ginger and Garlic Makes everything Taste better!
So I was told by my Granny: I crushed the two into a paste and added that to my chicken breast. I let that sit in the fridge while I make my Lentil salad. These two recipes are a match made in heaven.
Then, when I was ready to eat, I pan-fried the chicken. It only takes about 10 minutes to cook the chicken depending on the size.
I tried the recipe more than I can admit since! and we bought another jar of mustard!
- 6 quick cook chicken breast
- 3 table spoon of whole grain mustard
- 1 table spoon of turmeric powder
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Thumb size ginger, crushed
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- Handful of fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1-2 table spoon of coconut oil
- Salt to taste
- Make a marinade with the olive oil wholegrain mustard, turmeric, garlic, ginger, salt and chopped oregano.
- Rub the chicken breast with the mustard mixture.
- Keep it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or overnight if possible.
- Take it out the fridge about 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat a not stick pan on high heat.
- Drizzle a little coconut oil on non stick pan. Remember there is already oil in the marinade.
- Put the chicken breast on single layer. Cook for about 5-7 minutes each side.
- The cooking time depends on the size of the chicken. Use a meat thermometer to check the doneness if you need to.
- Serve with a fresh lentil salad
The cooking time is only a guide here as it depends on the size of the chicken.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the ingredient links, I’ll earn something to support my blogging activities.