Are you looking for some easy meal recipes to make during the week? It can be hard when planning meals for kids and grown ups. There is a lot to consider, isn’t it? I feel the same, especially when I am in my working mode.
Last week has been particularly busy for me with assignments and feeling a little under the weather. However eating well and nutritiously is more important when now feeling well.
One of my quick fixes last week was This One-pot sticky rice with Sundried tomatoes and fresh Dill. It is aromatic, colourful and nutritious.
I shared the recipe with the group of ladies in my cooking demo last week, and one mammy of 4 proudly made it and substituted the asparagus for some green beans as her kids would prefer green beans to asparagus. How clever! Let us know if you try it.
- 2 cups of Brown Basmati Rice
- 5 cups of water or stock
- 1 table spoon ginger and garlic paste
- 1 table spoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 table spoon of turmeric powder
- Bunch of Asparagus
- 12-15 slices of sun dried tomatoes
- 100g fresh Dill
- Wash the rice thoroughly and put it to cook with the 8 cups of water.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, coconut oil and the turmeric. Season to taste. Stir and let it cook for about 15 minutes or till rice is almost done.
- Meanwhile clean the asparagus and chop them about 1 inch long.
- Slice the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- When rice is almost cooked then add the tomatoes and asparagus. Let the rice simmer until it's well cooked.
- When you are satisfied with the doneness of the rice, take it off the hob and add the chopped dill.
- Stir and serve immediately!
- Leftover rice can be kept in the fridge.