Who needs red bull when we have these Lemon and ginger energy bars? The perfect pick-me-up snack loaded with antioxidants, omega 3 and fibre. With only a few simple ingredients like whole almonds, dates and coconut oil, this recipe is simply a base for all kind of flavoured treat. If you make these, honestly! You’ll forget the shop bought bars, loaded with ingredients we can’t even read pronounce!
Be daring and play around with the everyday flavours you already have in the kitchen. Orange juice and zest, cinnamon, cacao powder and lemongrass are great examples. These natural flavours not only taste good but nutrient dense. Nutrients aren’t only in supplements bought from the health store; it is first in food then it goes into supplement form. It’s time we go against the waves. #donotbeconformedtothisworld. I encourage you to be mindful of what you eat Full stop; I won’t say more today!
Almonds, coconut oil and the other ingredients in this recipe are all good for you. On top of that, it’s cheaper too. Homely, nutritious and delicious food on a budget!
I used ginger and lemon in this recipe because these two ingredients are my usual favourites. My morning ritual involves a hot cup of lemon, or lemon and ginger infused water. A ritual, I am not ready to give up yet. It tastes and feels good. Even my 22 months baba demands his hot (warm) lemon water in the morning.
Lemon is detoxifying, rich in Vitamin C plus an alkalizing food. Vitamin C is a woman’s best friend. Vit C =collagen =good skin. Got me? Ginger, on the other hand, is a good anti-inflammatory ingredient that also aids the digestive system. The combination of lemon and ginger gives warmth and a boost of energy. It works wonders with cold and sore throats too.
These sweet, earthy with the beetroot powder and ginger energy bars is very popular lunch box snack in my household. It holds well and melts in the mouth. It almost looks like brownies. Here is an another very tasty no-bake sesame cookies recipe for you. An irresistible treat.
No Bake Lemon and Ginger Energy Bars | Health Food Blog
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
200g pitted dry dates
1 tablespoon of beetroot powder
3-5 table spoons of coconut oil
1/2 cup of natural unsweetened peanut butter
Juice of 1/2 a lemon or to taste
1 to 2 inches of ginger or to taste
pinch of salt
- Put the almond and the dates into a food processor and pulse till they're crumb-sized (a few larger pieces are ok)
- Add the beetroot powder, coconut oil, pinch of salt and the peanut butter and continue pulsing until the mixture begins to clump (If it seems dry add another 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil)
- You can now add the lemon juice and pieces of the ginger and blend again.
- Taste and add more lemon and ginger according to your taste.
- Start by 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1/4 inch of ginger.
- Line a loaf tin with cling film, allowing two sides to hang over the sides of the pan
- Press the mixture into the tin using a spatula to help flatten the mixture evenly.
- Put the loaf tin in the refrigerator for couple of hours or overnight. This will harden the mixture and be easier to slice.
- Slice in 12-15 pieces and wrap each individually then store in the refrigerator.
These No-bake lemons and ginger energy bars are super easy to make and tasty. It lasts about two weeks in the fridge but honestly it will be gone before that!
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and don’t forget to tag a picture#everydaycookingwithmira on Instagram or Facebook so we can see what you come up with.