A heart warming vegan bean and mushroom stew for the busy weekdays. This stew can be easily made in a pot, an oven or a slow cooker. The combination of bean and mushroom is just tantalizing. It is a rich stew that will help you feel fuller and has all good for you stuff such as beans pack a lot of fiber,
- Beans are good for digestion Beans contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, so they work double to keep your digestive system running smoothly. The first slows down digestion, which gives you that full feeling, and the second helps prevent constipation.
- Beans can regulate sugar balance
- Beans lower cholesterol
- Beans are a good for the heart
- Beans keep the weight in check. In addition to belly-filling fiber, beans are loaded with protein, another nutrient that curbs cravings.
- Beans are high in Iron
- Beans are a good source of B Vitamins
Use any type of bean you can reach your hand, add mushroom which is rich in selenium, More B Vitamins and topped it up with some fresh avocados for some essential fats. Garnished with freshly chopped herbs like coriander rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein, manganese, Iron and magnesium.
Don’t underestimate the benefits of a vegetarian stew it is oh so yum and healthy but if you are a non veg person you can easily add some chicken or beef and you are sorted too.
Mushroom and Bean Vegan Stew
2 cans of black beans
2 cans of kidney beans
250g Chestnut Mushroom
2 cans of water or stock
4 cloves of garlic
1 can chopped tomatoes
Salt and Pepper to taste
Thyme, Parsley, rosemary or bay leaves
Coriander for garnish
- Put all the ingredients above in a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or 6 hours on low.
- Serve the stew in separate bowls.
- Top up with sliced avocados.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped coriander.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and don’t forget to tag a picture#everydaycookingwithmira on Instagram or Facebook so we can see what you come up with. Till then Keep Well!