This rich Moroccan Soup is an another winter comfort. It gets it’s rich, golden orange color with turmeric and saffron. You can serve it in it’s own or with some couscous.
Moroccan Chicken and vegetable Soup
Recipe Type: Dinner
Hearty and aromatic soup for the cold weather
- 4 Chicken Legs
- 2 parsnips diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 2 celery sticks diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- small piece of ginger crushed
- 2 tsp of turmeric
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 1 cup of chicken or beef broth
- bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the chicken legs and fry till skin is golden brown.
- Remove and place in an ovenproof dish.
- In the pan that you used to fry the chicken add all the chopped vegetables, half of the coriander, ginger, garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the turmeric, stir and pour all over the chicken on the oven dish.
- Add the broth.
- Sprinkle the saffron threads.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180 C for 1 hour.
- Check for seasoning.
- Garnish with the rest of the coriander.