Methi Dal – Fenugreek Leaves Dal
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
1 cup Yellow split peas
3/4 tbsp Turmeric
3 tbsp Oil
To taste Salt
1 Onion chopped
1 cup chopped tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic crushed
3/4 tbsp cumin powder
3 cups Methi/Fenugreek leaves roughtly chopped
- Wash the split peas and put them in the pressure cooker with salt, turmeric and 1 tbsp of oil. Close the lid tight and pressure cook it for about 10 -15 minutes or 4-5 whistles.
- In the meantime. Wash the methi leaves and cut the stem and pick the leaves.
- In a different saucepan, heat the remaining oil. Fry the onions until soft. Add the chopped tomatoes, garlic and cumin and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the methi leaves and cook until leaves are reduced in volume.
- Add the cooked Spilt peas and simmer for another few minutes or until everything is mixed together.
- Check the seasoning and serve with rice, naan or rotis.