Mackerel and Spinach Ragu so Nutritious that can be used as Pasta sauce or Sandwich Filling. It’s so quick to make and super delicious. I have been making these for months now but never thought of sharing it because it’s that simple. Then while preparing a client’s Weekly Meal Plan this week, I realised that most people prefer simple and quick recipes just like me!
This recipe is truly so versatile, it can be used as a sandwich filling, pasta sauce or add in some leftover brown rice and you get an incredibly tasty and nutritious meal.
The need to complicate things is not new to this world and I am prone to it too. Healthy eating really doesn’t have to be too complicated. If it’s is fresh, wholesome and nutritious then it does the job. I constantly have to remind myself to slow down and breath otherwise we can get so carried away.
I constantly have to remind myself to slow down and breath otherwise we can get so carried away. If you are reading this post can I please encourage you to drop me a comment and tell me what works for you when planning your weekly meal? This will really help me to plan better in the future.
- 1 tea spoon of coconut oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 inch of ginger crushed
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 small cans of mackerel
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- Salt to taste
- In a saucepan heat the oil and fry the chopped onions till translucent. Add the ginger garlic and can tomatoes and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Keep stirring to prevent it from burning.
- Add the mackerel and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes. Season and serve with cooked brown rice or bread for breakfast.