Lime & Garlic Roast Chicken is a good way up your game when it comes to BBQs or a Sunday Roast. It’s fresh, zingy and aromatic. You can marinate and refrigerate it for few hours for an extra boost of flavour or simply before cooking. With few ingredients, this Lime flavoured Chicken could do the talking for you.
With only a few ingredients, this Lime flavoured Chicken will surprise you and your guests. It’s fresh and flavoursome.
My little bit of advice would be to try to buy Organic Chicken whenever possible. However, the same marinade can be used with any protein like prawns, salmon or pork.
- 1.3 kgs Organic Chicken
- 1 small bulb or to taste
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 table spoon of tamari sauce
- Put the garlic, lime juice and tamari sauce into a blender and pulse till garlic is crushed into a paste.
- Massage the mixture over the chicken. Try to put some into the inside of the chicken.
- Let it sit for at least 1hr or overnight for the mixture to penetrate the meat more than just skin-deep.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Sit the chicken in a roasting tray.
- Roast in the oven for about 1hr 15 minutes until cooked through and golden.
- To see if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the thighs with a knife. If the juices run clear, it is done. If it is pink or bloody, cook for a little longer.
- Leave to rest for about 15 minutes before serving
The size and weight of every chicken is different. Chicken usually is cooked at 200C for 20 minutes per 450g plus 20 minutes ( Masterchef Kitchen Bible)