I love the beautiful radish leaves blooming in my greenhouse these days. I have a very bitter memory of my mam cooking radish leaves when I was young. I know I keep writing about my childhood stories and the lack of food that led us to eat more foraged food that grew at the back of our house. But this is a way for me to remember my beautiful Island that I miss so dearly.
Use up your Radish leaves with this Turmeric Lamb Liver
300g Lamb Liver
3 tbsp Oil
1 Onion Chopped
Radish Leaves a big fist full
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
2 Tomatoes chopped
1 Green Chilli Chopped
- Cut the Lamb Liver into small pieces.
- Put them in a hot frying pan with oil. Season.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric and cumin powder.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes then add the onions and radish leaves. (I added the radish leaves the last minutes because I just wanted some greens and that's what I had in the garden so you can skip it or add any)
- Cook for about 5 more minutes or until the liver are cooked but still soft. You don't want to eat a rubbery liver.