I never cooked mackerel fish before. I was happy to have come across this Indonesian fried rice with Mackerel fish. It’s the easiest and simplest thing to make. You can make it to use up your left over rice or any vegetables at the end of the week. If you aren’t into seafood you can easily opt it for chicken or just vegetarian.
The piquant taste you get when you chew on the caramelized rice is just satisfying.
Indonesian Fried Rice with Mackerel Fish
3 cups of cooked basmati rice
3 eggs beaten
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen or fresh green beans
2 tbsp of red curry paste
4 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of brown sugar
Few frozen peeled and cooked prawns(optional)
Salt to taste
Garnish with some chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add in the beaten eggs and swirl to coat the base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 min, then flip and cook the other side until set.
- Remove and chop into ribbons.
- Add the curry paste and sugar and fry for 1 min. Add prawns and green beans.
- Add the cooked rice and stir to coat in the paste, then add the peas.
- Stir-fry for 2-3 mins until everything is really hot.
- Add the soy sauce, then gently toss through the omelette ribbons and mackerel.