This honey roasted vegetable pasta salad is another recipe that many parents would love. For themselves and the kids. It’s sweet, crunchy, fresh, full of different textures and the colours are just so amazing. Topped with a perfect fried egg on top for a protein boost. Weather it’s lunch or dinner you will love it. Involve the kids in squirting the honey in the veggies. Kids loves honey, who doesn’t!. You can use any other vegetables that your kids prefer and make them eat their 5 a day without a fuss. To make it more interesting use cute pasta shapes. Did you know about this Organic children’s pasta ?
And if you are tired looking for new BBQ recipes to bring over to friends, you can boil the pasta beforehand and bring the veggies to be grilled in the BBQ and sit back and enjoy!
- 3 medium size carrots
- 1 red Pepper
- 1 green Pepper
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of honey
- Fresh Salad Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fried egg as garnish
- Boil the pasta as instructed on the packaging.
- Wash and chop all the vegetables in Julienne or any shape that you like.
- Preheat oven at 190°C
- Put the chopped carrots and sweet peppers in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil and honey.
- Mix all and roast in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- The hero of this salad really is the vegetables so you don’t want to overcook them. Instead, keep a close eye and take them out as soon as they are they get the burnish colour. You want the crunchiness of the carrots which will add to the different textures in this salad.
- Allow the pasta ant the vegetables to cool then add the salad leaves to it.
- Season with a little more salt and pepper along with some more olive oil.
- Just before eating fry an egg and garnish.