- 1 can of Pilchards Fish in tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 chopped Onions
- Curry Leaves (Optional)
- 4 whole plum tomatoes or 1/2 cup of canned tomatoes
- Bunch of Spring Onions
- 1 tea spoon of garlic paste
- 2 table spoons of curry Powder
- 3 table spoons coconut oil
- Open the can of fish and place it on a large plate with the tomato sauce. Put the fish flat on the plate as it can easily break.
- Heat some oil in a pan, add chopped onions, curry leaves (if using) and spring onions and cook for few minutes.
- Next add chopped fresh or canned tomatoes, garlic and the tomato sauce from the fish can. (Do not add the fish yet) cook for for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and give it a good stir then add the peas. Allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes or when you see the oil seperating from the sauce, You can add 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Now gently lift the fish and place it on top of the sauce in the pan. Add the baby spinach. Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with rice, Roti (Flat bread) or baguette .
ps. Before step 2 I would fry the fish for a few minutes on a high heat and remove it from the pan before following steps 2 & 3. I would then add the fish again as I have done above in step 4. I left this detail out in order to keep it simple but I also wanted to include it here for anyone who wants to try it.