Hot Prawn Curry
Recipe Type: Dinner
Cuisine: Mauritian, Indian
A hot and spicy prawn curry
- 1/2 kg fresh prawns
- 2 table spoon of oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1/4 tea spoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 tea spoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 cardamon pods
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 3 dry chillies
- 3 table spoon of curry powder
- 1 tea spoon of butter
- Blend 1 of the onions with tomatoes, garlic, ginger and the dry chillies
- Toast the funugreek seeds and the cardamons then crush and put aside.
- Put butter in a hot pan,immediately throw in the cleaned prawns and cook for 3-4 mins, Put them aside on a plate to use later.
- In the same pan heat some oil and fry the chopped onions and mustard seeds.
- Pour in the tomato and onion paste.
- Allow to cook until it’s well reduced and oil is visibly bubbling on the surface.
- Add in the crushed fenugreek and cardamon seeds and curry powder.
- Mix well – add some water according to the consistency you prefer. I used less than 1/2 a cup as i wanted a dry curry.
- Cook for about 7-10 mins then add the prawns, mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve hot with rice and some coriander garnish