Who doesn’t like a little baking every now and then? Especially when you know all the ingredients are ‘must haves’ for the body and mind. You can rest assured that people are spending hours in the kitchen, blazing a trail, creating healthy versions of cookies and cakes so that we can go on enjoying the little guilty pleasures in life. Did I say guilty? Well no longer, you can now set ‘guilty’ aside and replace it with healthy!
I prefer less talk and more action. Like this Healthy Spelt , Flax seeds, coconut oil and banana bread with no sugar or butter. That’s right! No sugar and No butter! You don’t believe me? Read these articles below to find out the nutritional value and benefits of the ingredients in my Spelt and Flax Seeds Banana Bread.
What do you say now huh? Hubby was impressed and he could have it for breakfast, lunch or as a dessert with hot custard or vegan ice cream. I am usually very good at sharing but this time it broke my heart to share this bread and nobody actually missed the sugar, the sweetness from the bananas was just enough for me but you could use some honey or agave if you prefer a bit more sweetness and if you don’t have spelt flour but really feel the urge to bake check out my Bundt Cake tin Banana Bread
5 ingredient Healthy and Easy to make Spelt and Flax Seed Bread with a good banana flavor.
Healthy Spelt and Flax Seed Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cup of spelt flour
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 5 tea spoon of flax seed (or any seeds of choice)
- 2 tea spoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 tea spoon of baking soda
- Add the peeled bananas and the flax seeds into a blender
- Blend into a smooth and creamy paste
- Add flour and baking soda into a food processor
- Add the banana, and flax seed mix to the flour.
- Add the coconut oil
- Pulse to mix
- Add a few table spoons of water to loosen it a little more if it's too dry
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-45 minutes
- The tester should come out clean