HEALTHY CHRISTMAS TRUFFLES
These deliciously looking chocolate truffles are perfectly healthy and nutritious. You can call it energy balls or Christmas Truffles. It’s rich, chocolaty and Super tasty when using Superfoods such as maca and cacao.
Maca is high grown in the Mountains in Southern America and is consumed regularly as it is a root vegetable. The powdered version now available in most health stores. It’s suggested for women who are having difficulties balancing the hormones, Depression, going through menopause or suffering with PMS or fertility issues.
Maca is believed to restore women’s hormonal balance by supporting the endocrine system and aiding in the regulation of healthy adrenal and thyroid hormone production. The adrenal gland and thyroid gland play a major part in regulating many feelings – everything from stress levels to appetite. Restoring the health of these glands is paramount for someone wanting to feel their best. By Dr Axe
Because of the essential Fat and all the other nutrients present in Maca, it can improve the mood, therefore, sexual libido, I’ll say it’s due to the positive effects on Serotonin levels (the feel-good) hormone. Maca also works as a natural antioxidant.
Select your ingredients wisely and create a healthy version that you don’t feel guilty when eating. The base in this recipe is almonds. Grind the whole almond to make a flour which usually will cost more. Almonds are also considered a Superfood.
- Cacao is the purest form of chocolate you can consume, which means it is raw and much less processed than cocoa powder or chocolate bars. Cacao is thought to be the highest source of antioxidants of all foods and the highest source of magnesium of all foods. It has been used throughout many cultures for years for health purposes and even used as a high trade commodity.
- The cacao fruit tree, also known as Theobroma Cacao, produces cacao pods which are cracked open to release cacao beans. From there, cacao beans can be processed a few different ways.
- Cacao nibs are simply cacao beans that have been chopped up into edible pieces, much like chocolate chips without the added sugars and fats. Cacao nibs contain all of the fiber, fat, and nutrients that the cacao bean does.
- Cacao powder contains more fiber and calories than cocoa powder since more of the nutrients from the whole bean are still intact. Cacao is an excellent source of monounsaturated fats, cholesterol-free saturated fats, vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural carbohydrates, and protein that make it an excellent source of nutrients. Source: One Green Planet
- 1 cup whole almond
- 8-10 pitted medjool dates
- 2 table spoon of maca powder (optional)
- 2 tables spoon of cacao powder
- 2 table spoon of cacao nibs
- 1 table spoon of coconut oil
- Few drops of water only if required
- Use a high power food processor to blend the dates and almonds to a coarse meal then add the the rest of the ingredients and pulse until a dough is formed.
- It it's too dry then only add 2-3 drops of water. The use of the water depends on the moisture of the dates which helps to form the dough.
- Wet your hands and start taking small amount of the dough between your palms and roll them into tiny balls.
- The size is also up to you.
- I made mine small and got 25 small truffles so I get a lot of it and I can it one everyday.
I will even prescribe one to my clients daily. Check my other recipe using Maca Powder. It’s incredibly tasty and luscious.
We tried these Maca Truffles and The Maca Mocha Recipe on our Healthy Cooking Demo last Saturday and everybody loved it. Would you give it a try?It’s made in about 10 minutes.
If you are live in Balbriggan Ireland do Register to our Monthly Cooking Demo where we cook and eat all healthy and easy Meals plus more. Contact me to register.
Nutrition and Health Coaching
HEALTHY COOKING DEMO