I love talking about the Mental Health Subject. Do you? I have seen some people cringe at the subject alright as there’s too many abusing it. The way I read Mental Health is Brain Health. Brain health, if I try to break it down, will be the health of your brain.
The brain is the fattest organ in your body (about 60% of fat) obviously is a sucker for (good) fat and this recipe is a perfect way of using those beautiful essential fats that the brain loves. Salmon, flaxseed and avocado which we served these cakes with are a great source of omega 3 and 6.
As you perhaps know my story with years of Depression, the day I first heard of Fat and Brain I wanted to knock my head against a thick wall. I just couldn’t understand Depression linked to lack of fat. All I knew was I was too overweight to have a fat deficiency 😉
Later on, I learnt that fat has gotten a bad name for nothing, while the star of the show should be the processed or hydrogenated fat.
From making brain cell to keeping your skin healthier, fats are at work throughout the body.
- Whole Body Wellness
- Brain and Neurological Repair
- Heart Health
- Healthy Skin
- Weight Loss
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Healthy Skin
- Digestive Health
- High in Fiber
- Lowers Blood Sugar Level
- Helps Lower Cholesterol Level
- Helps Calm Digestive upset
- Help protect again neurological inflammation and disease
- Support Healthy Menstrual Function
- 1000g of Salmon Fillet
- 1/4 cup of ground flax seeds
- 3 inches of ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 whole tablespoons of coriander seeds
- Preheat the oven at 200C. Place the Salmon fillet in a lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes or just cooked.
- Toast the whole coriander in a pan for about 5 minutes then grind using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle.
- Place the ginger, garlic and pulse to a smooth paste. Then add the cooked fish (skin removed) and the ground flax seeds and coriander seeds.
- Pulse again until the salmon breaks down into a rough mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a cake size or balls and place in the lined baking tray.
- Bake again for another 10 minutes or until it's perfectly golden .
- Serve with my avocado mayo.
You can use Fresh coriander instead of the seeds