I quickly grab the sprouted bean mix and I threw it in my basket. I will try to hide it behind the milk and bread that I came to get. No I’m not stealing!! I have a reputation to over shop every single time I go to Supervalue. It’s 10-15 minutes walk from my house but I don’t seems to come here as much as would like. When I come though I get seriously carried away with their huge selections of fruit and veg PLUS the organic section they’ve introduced lately. There are few things that I only get in Supervalue like this Happy Pear Sprouted bean mix.
I have been away for a whole month to Mauritius and I’ve seriously been eating anything I can put my hands on so eating clean is a necessity now.
The feel of the Mauritius still with me, coconut water, Mauritian pickles, fresh salads and spicy food has been on my menus ever since I came back. So here I get on making my zingy, herby fresh sprouted bean salads.
Why Sprouted Beans?
Well sprouted beans, nuts or seeds are easier to digest and your body can access the full nutritional profile.
One of the biggest benefits of sprouting grains, beans, legumes, nuts, and seeds is that it helps to decrease the presence of anti-nutrients. Anti-nutrients are naturally occurring compounds that are found in plant seeds that interfere with our ability to digest vitamins and minerals within the plants.
Would you like to start sprouting? Check out Dr Axe detailed guide to Sprouting
Sprouted Beans Salad
150g Sprouted Bean
Juice of 1 Lime
5 Plum Tomatoes desseded and chopped finely
1 green chili chopped finely
1 onion chopped finely
1 tea spoon cumin powder
Bunch of fresh parsley chopped
2-3 table spoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make the dressing with the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the bean mix in a salad bowl along with all the other chopped ingredients.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
BENEFITS OF SPROUTING
- Increases Nutrient Absorption — B12, Iron, Magnesium and Zinc
- Makes Foods Easier to Digest
- Decreases Antinutrients & Phytic Acid
- Increases Protein Availability
- Increases Fiber Content
- Breaks Down Gluten for Easier Digestibility
- Helps Reduce Other Allergens Found in Grains
- May Increase Enzymes & Antioxidants