I’m so excited to be able to introduce you all to Dr Ciara Kelly from the Irish Balance. I have known Ciara through her Instagram Page where she shares her regular food, meal preps, and exercise pictures.
My favourite line that Ciara uses below is: I think so much of the information in the media is over-complicated and not sustainable or helpful in the real world.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach leaves, washed
- Pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into small wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan oven).
- While heating the oven, roughly chop the cauliflower into chunky florets, and place into a large bowl.
- Add the spices to a small bowl and give them a quick stir to combine.
- When the oven is ready, melt the coconut oil in a bowl in the microwave (usually takes about 1 minute).
- Cover the cauliflower chunks in coconut oil, and stir with a spoon so the florets are coated evenly.
- Tip the spices over the cauliflower and stir again to coat the florets evenly.
- Add the cauliflower to the roasting tray, and place in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, until the cauliflower florets are a browned and a little charred at the edges.
- Remove from the oven, add the spinach leaves and stir it all again in the tray.
- Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze on top!