I made this for my husband’s lunch the other day. It was something I have been wanting to experience after one night dreaming about him not having lunch and me waking up early in the morning making him some fresh courgette noodles and a big piece of lobster on top. Well, it was a pretty dish but only in my dream. No lobster here but it’s the easiest and healthiest lunch or dinner you can have if you have a spiralizer to make the noodles. Using the spiralizer make it so quick and impressive looking. We eat with our eyes, I heard. I would recommend serving it immediately
Courgette and Carrot Noodles with Parsley Pesto
- a big handful of fresh parsley
- 4-5 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil or more if its too dry
- 1 tbsp of lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- NOODLE SALAD
- 2-3 table spoon of Pesto
- 1 courgette
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g of dry cranberries
- Coriander or other herbs as garnish
- Wash the parsley well and shake as much water off as possible.
- Pick the leaves from the stems.
- Blend the parsley leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in the blender till there is no big chunks of garlic left.
- Slowly add the olive oil and continue to pulse till all is mixed and a nice paste is formed.
- NOODLE SALAD
- Wash the courgette and carrots.
- Use the spiralizer to make the noodles or use a knife to make vegetable juliennes.
- Add about 2-3 table spoons of pesto and serve
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.
- Drizzle some olive oil.