I made this for my husband’s lunch the other day. It was something I have been wanting to experience after one night dreaming about him not having lunch and me waking up early in the morning making him some fresh courgette noodles and a big piece of lobster on top. Well, it was a pretty dish but only in my dream.
No lobster here but it’s the easiest and healthiest lunch or dinner you can have if you have an Inspiralizer to make the noodles. Using the spiralizer make it so quick and impressive looking. We eat with our eyes, I heard. I would recommend serving it immediately.
Having an Inspiralizer in hand makes eating healthy and being creative mush easier. Get one here .
This 5 -blade version is the one I have. But the small Julienne Peeler is quite practical and save the cleaning
Courgette and Carrot Noodles with Parsley Pesto
- a big handful of fresh parsley
- 4-5 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or more if its too dry
- 1 tbsp of lemon Juice
- Pink Himalaya Salt to taste
- NOODLE SALAD
- 2-3 table spoon of Pesto
- 1 courgette
- 2 large carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g of dry cranberries
- Coriander or other herbs as garnish
- Wash the parsley well and shake as much water off as possible.
- Pick the leaves from the stems.
- Blend the parsley leaves, garlic, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in the blender till there is no big chunks of garlic left.
- Slowly add the olive oil and continue to pulse till all is mixed and a nice paste is formed.
- NOODLE SALAD
- Wash the courgette and carrots.
- Use the spiralizer to make the noodles or use a knife to make vegetable juliennes.
- Add about 2-3 table spoons of pesto and serve
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil or more if its too dry