Chicken drumstick stew is a herby and hearty version of a Mauritian la daube, simmered in a tomato and paprika base to make it healthy and light to suit all taste buds.
Chicken Drumstick Stew
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 chopped onions
- 1 tea spoon garlic paste
- Salt To taste
- 1 tea spoon of dry or fresh thyme
- 2 big potatoes cut in 4
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 table spoon of paprika (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- coriander or any other herbs as garnish (optional)
- Heat a pot with oil.
- Add onions. Cook until soft.
- Add Chicken and garlic paste. Season.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or till slightly browned.
- Add potatoes, thyme and the can of chopped tomatoes.
- Mix all and cook for 5 minutes. Add water and simmer for about 30 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Sprinkle some coriander and serve hot with some brown rice or chappatis
- [i]Most of the potatoes usually melts in the sauce which makes it a thicker stew.[/i]