I found out something new recently that I didn’t know about my husband. Apparently he loves foraging or at least the idea of it anyway. August and September are months of abundance in Ireland with so much fruit and berries ripening on the trees, it’s beautiful to see. I grow some fruit and veg in my back garden but I only really started this year so the yields are pretty low. Josh stripped my raspberry bush bare in about 2 and a half seconds flat so Thomas took him blackberry picking. They were gone about 2 hours and came back with a big bowl full of them, enough for the little ones to stuff their faces and for me to make some yummy blackberry muffins. Delicious and special. It’s a good feeling to use ingredients you’ve picked yourself (or he picked for me).
My Blackberry Muffins
Recipe Type: Desset, Sweet
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Whole milk
- 2 cup fresh or frozen Blackberries
- Using a mixer cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Keep mixing.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Mix till you obtain a creamy mixture.
- Fold in the blackberries.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes at 200°C
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing from tray to wire racks.