Today’s recipe is from the beautiful Vicky From The Flourishing Pantry. Read her introduction here.
As promised, I would share her gorgeous Beetroot and Tahini recipe with you and it’s already here.
I was so happy when my sister bought me some Functional Foods maca powder for my birthday this year. She bought me green banana flour last year which you I turned into these amazing pancakes so you’ll all understand by now that she understands me well.
My ‘special cupboard’ of ingredients (where my boyfriend doesn’t bother to go for snacks!) is already overflowing with powders and ingredients which I am slowly working my way through so I’ve put myself on a ban buying any more. But when someone else buys them for you it’s totally fine, right?!
I think maca powder is my magic ingredient and I was sad that I’d run out. It has this amazing caramel-like flavour which sweetens smoothies and baking but without all the sugar.
So I’ve included maca in this rich pink beet smoothie and also used some lovely nutty tahini for depth.
Imagine making a smoothie so delicious that you exclaim out loud the first sip you take. Then go and buy all the ingredients (if you don’t already have them) and make it for yourself. I really hope you recreate this recipe and the reaction I gave myself. Let me know if you do!
- 1 small cooked beetroot (I buy the pre-cooked ones which are really cheap!)
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 tsp maca powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or Nutribullet and blitz together until smooth.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!