HANG IN THERE!
Poivron farcis avec de Sardine was rustled up in a hurry in my kitchen on Sunday. Why do we have to eat on Sunday anyway (or rather why do I have to cook?), can we not have a sabbath day? They all start turning into green rage monsters in my house when they get hungry, so when the first cries of ‘are dinner ready yet?’ were heard I jumped out of my chair and ran to the kitchen for refuge. I wasn’t feeling too good, and Thomas was locked away in the bedroom doing some last-minute cramming for an exam on Monday. I was left to manage everything on my own. ‘Hang in there’ I told myself, ‘there’s better days ahead’.
IT’S OK TO BE CREATIVE
- 9 Spanish sweet peppers
- 3 small cans of sardines
- 1 can of kidney beans drained
- a handful of chopped coriander and parsley
- 1 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/2 inch of ginger crushed
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chillies (finely chopped) optional
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Open the sardines, drain then add in a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with the help of a spatula
- Wash the sweet peppers.
- Cut the peppers in half
- Remove the seeds from inside.
- Fill the sweet peppers with the stuffing and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.