As my dear husband has taken three of the kids down to his parents for the week. I’m home with my eldest, and I know she is a big chicken lover. It’s also Friday, and I really want to take this time to rest rather than spending it in the kitchen. But I have to make it that special for her.
I also have some leftover parsnip fries and tomato salsa from last night’s dinner, so all I have to do is some chicken with crispy skin, soy and ginger and I know she will be well pleased. It’s one of her favourite flavours to eat.
Thankfully It takes about 5 minutes to prepare. Once it’s in the oven, there’s very little to do. After the cooking time, it’s irresistible to tear and eat the flavorful, crispy skin. This is a dish that I would make so often before, and I have no idea why it hasn’t hit the blog yet.
Better late than never, though! So if you are reading this and have kids at home, make yourself some of these Asian Baked Chicken Thighs. The extra fat just renders down the pan and make the skin crispy which the kids love. Serve it with a fresh salad on the side to balance the meal.
- 6 medium size chicken thighs
- 1 table spoon of ginger paste
- 1 table spoon of garlic paste
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 table spoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 table spoon of tamari sauce
- 1 table spoon of fish sauce
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven at 200C
- In a baking tray, make a mixture of the ginger, garlic, rosemary, paprika, tamari and fish sauce plus pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in the chicken pieces and coat the chicken well with the mixture
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Flip the chicken half way.
- Cut the chicken to see if its cooked.
- All chicken sizes are different therefore the cooking time varies.
- Serve hot!
You can also cook this dish in a normal pan.
If you give this recipe a try, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it (once you’ve tried it), and don’t forget to tag a picture#everydaycookingwithmira on Instagram or Facebook so we can see what you come up with.