I am so excited to be sharing this recipe today! It’s one of the easiest recipes you’ll be making. It’s quick and easy with only two ingredients. The simplest of ingredients we keep in the pantry. Banana and Oats! That’s it! With merely two bananas and 1 cup of oats, you can make these gorgeous banana and oat bites for snacks, for kids lunch box. Having it with a cuppa is perfect.
I admit that some of the bites on the picture have more than two ingredients (before someone jumps on my neck)
Mash the bananas, mix it with the oats and bake it for between 12 to 15 minutes. Now if you want you can add a pinch of cinnamon, some raisins or date or chocolate chips. However, the simplest version is as good. You can get around ten bites with this mix. If you have a big family like mine, you would want to make more than that because honestly, it’s that good.
Add, cinnamon, raisins, nutmeg or chocolate chips to enhance flavor and make it your own!
- 2 medium size bananas
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Peel, then mash the bananas using a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the oats to the mashed bananas then mix them well to combine.
- With the use of a table spoon, dollop the mixture onto the baking tray.
- You should get around 10 cookies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on after 10 minutes as it can easily burn and all oven temperatures can vary.
- Set aside on a cooling tray.
- Keep in an air-tight container for few days if left.
If you are looking for a few snack ideas for kids or adult likewise try my no bake Sesame and Oat cookies, Sugar-free almond bar, Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Fudge, or Sugar-free Semolina Pudding these are all dairy-free, refined sugar-free recipes that are so quick and easy to make. I suggest making them in advance and keeping them in the fridge when you are craving a treat.